Wednesday, May 28, 2008

28 May 2008

Hello! Family and Friends!

This may be a surprise email for many of you. P-Days have now been switched back to Wednesdays for me. Transfers are today and I have been transferred to...the University Park Singles Ward! Yoohoo! If I stay here to the end (which I probably will) I will have served in a singles ward for half of my mission. I love the YSA's! The most exciting pary of it all is that my companions are Sister Cardoso and...SISTER BAXTER!!! My lovely Sister Baxter is back! I wish I could say that I had a hand in all of this, but during our transfer meeting with President and the Assistants someone else suggested that we be companions again. I did my best to keep my mouth shut and to not let the giggling get out of hand. I am so excited! Heaven is here again. Sweet Sister Cardoso is from Brazil and I love her so much. Watch out world this trio is going to lay the smack down! Anyway, we're all very excited to work as hard as we can. This singles ward is very different from DC2nd. It's much smaller...it's a lot like Consumnes River Ward. I finally get to serve in Prince George's County...Yikes! I have only served in Montgomery County my entire mission...let's just say one is much more ghetto than the other...can I say that? Well, as you can tell, I'm thrilled and I'm ready for the adventures and miracles to come!

A few updates on beloved Quince Orchard...The recent convert who left the church has now come back. This last Sunday was his first Sunday back. He has a long road ahead of him, but this time he has come to the church on his knees. On Sunday Greg received the priesthood. Sister Mukhlaash and I along with Greg's wife, Rachel, and daughter, Larissa, went to priesthood to be with him while he was given the Aaronic priesthood and ordained a Priest. My heart filled with so much joy and Rachel was in tears. She had been waiting for 15 years. As I watched Greg, I remembered that the first day I was in Quince Orchard, while I was unpacking my bags, Rachel called, introduced herself and told us that her husband is not a member and would like to begin investigating...now my last Sunday in the area Greg received the priesthood. I have been so blessed to see the growth of the Floyd family. They have a very special place in my heart and I will miss them.

Some exciting news...we finally caught Gus-Gus. It took us long enough! Luckily he died a quick and clean death. It needed to happen sometime. Now we're just waiting to see if Gus-Gus had a wife or babies. Hopefully not.

I will miss my sweet Mongolian, Sister Mukhlaash. We have had a wonderful time serving together and we have seen miracles because we have had to expect miracles. I think change is hard for her. She doesn't enjoy change, but change is what helps us grow and she will be fine. I am grateful for the example of diligence, obedience, and patience that she has been to me. I have especially loved seeing her real personality shine through. She is hilarious!! I think that once an international missionary begins feeling more comfortable with the language they are naturally more funny.

Anyway, time to run! We have much to do today! LIFE IS WONDERFUL! I love serving the Lord and I am so grateful for the Atonement. I have seen the atoning power change my heart in great ways this past transfer. My love to you all!

With Love, Sister Hogge

No comments: