Dear family and friends,
I have a feeling that this may be the last email from my beloved Quince Orchard. The other day I was thinking about how the Lord knows that His missionaries only have a short period of time with His children in different areas of their mission...so as a gift to His missionaries, He intensifies the love that the missionary can feel for the people. From experience, I know that this is so true! My love for the people of Germantown has grown these past 4 1/2 months and once again my heart has expanded and has been filled. As I sat in church on Sunday watching all the people I have come to love and know, my heart swelled within me...a good indication that I'm leaving. I always find it interesting to begin a new transfer, go to church, and not recognize or know anyone... And then by the end of the transfer look around with a heart filled with love for the people whom I know...their trials, their hopes, and the desires of their hearts. I'm not only grateful for eternal families, but eternal relationships with our friends...but then again I guess that heaven really is just one big family under God.
I had the interesting opportunity this week to meet with President Mansell and his assistants to discuss tranfers for the sisters with one of the other VC trainers. It was a fun experience. We dicussed for about three hours. When we left the meeting the suggestions that we had brought to President had all been changed, but it was better that what we came with. I was grateful for the experience and I developed added respect for President and his assistants. They do so much for us and they know a lot more than we may think. After the meeting I felt completely exhausted! I don't know how they do it all the time...they must be given some added energy and strength for the tasks. I am grateful for my leaders and if anything, I have developed greater appreciation for my church leaders as I have served a mission. Transfers are next week. "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord!"
There has been an experience this week that has brought much heartache to the trainers and me. As we have come to love the sisters with whom we serve it breaks our hearts when any of them are really struggling and troubled. As I have studied the Atonement this week I read Alma 33:16, "Thou art angry, O Lord, with this people because they will not understand the mercies which thou has bestowed on them because of thy Son." I have found that with sisters especially, it is very difficult for us to forgive ourselves when we don't understand the power of the Atonement. I struggled with this before my mission, but I now know that the power is indeed a very real power and that through this power we can become clean and comforted.
On a lighter note, everyone is doing well in Quince Orchard. Our investigators are progressing well and we hope to have four baptisms within the next two months. Roland, Asetia, Houston, and Neville. I feel very good about the work I have done here and I'm grateful that there is still so much more work to do. Sister Mukhlaash is also progressing incredibly well! I am so proud of her. I'm especially impressed with the patience that she has developed with me. She has been a great light in my life and I love her.
As you can probably tell, life is wonderful! I experience trials and struggles daily, mostly with my natural man tendencies, but "I know in whom I have trusted." My heart is full and I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve.
All my love, Sister Hogge
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment