Dearest family and friends!
First of all ...I want to send my love to Erin and Heather! (Sister Snelson and Sister Baxter) I love you both soooo incredibly much and I hope to write you both today. I loved hearing from the both of you and I miss you terribly, but I know that there is so much good that you're doing now that you're home. Keep me posted. You are both in my prayers every day! Luvs!
This past week has been yet another amazing week! I had my last zone conference last Thursday. One of the assistants spoke on three ways that we can continue to be successful missionaries: 1. Stay worthy of the Spirit. 2. Testify boldly of Joseph Smith, be a light unto the world. 3. Read the Book of Mormon again and again and again. I felt that it was such wonderful advice for after my mission as well. I felt grateful to receive such strong answers to my prayers during the conference. At the end we sang the mission song together and I just about cried...tear my heart out! I love serving the Lord and I will miss zone conferences with all of the missionaries.
Sunday was an incredibly spiritual day! The elders had a baptism and two of our investigators came, Veronica and Laura. The Spirit was strong and Veronica and Laura felt more comfortable and more willing to commit after this experience. I love how the Spirit changes people! By the way, I heard that Roland (from Quince Orchard) was baptized on Sunday! Woohoo! Finally! I was so glad to hear that he had made such an essential step in his eternal progression. I'm excited for his progress and future!
I continue to see the reasons why the Lord has needed me to extend every single day! The Lord has confirmed it to me over and over again and I'm so grateful! I feel so needed here and I love it!
Earlier today the "dying" missionaries went to Arlington Cemetery with President and Sister Mansell. It was a beautiful day, a bit hot and humid, but nicely overcast. The entire time we were there all I could think about is when we came years ago. It felt different now. I felt like I understood everything so much more. My favorite part of the entire trip was The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and watching the changing of the guards. On the tomb it reads, "Here rests in honored glory an American Soldier known but to God". I felt my heart swell within me as I read such powerful words. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father; He knows us. I feel so grateful that our country was founded on such strong religious and hopeful principles. I really enjoyed being with all of the missionaries. I feel that I have made some life long friends.
Tomorrow is a very exciting day. It's my 18 month anniversary. Now I'm going into "elder time". To celebrate I think I might dress up as an elder! Most importantly, tomorrow is Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom! I've sent a card for you in the mail.
Well, through the somewhat diffcult times this past week life continues to be amazing and wonderful! I am so happy here and I have a strong desire to stay completely focused and strong to the end! I feel that it is so important to bloom where I have been planted and to keep blooming as much as I can. I love, love, love serving the Lord and pray that we will continue to recognize His hand in our lives and see miracles! May we all recognize the miracles this week!
All my love, Sister (almost Elder) Hogge
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment