Dearest family and friends,
My 4th of July was pretty quiet. We were at the VC and then planned for the week. After planning we went to dinner at Chevy's with our roommates. We had a wonderful time together celebrating the 4th. The next day we saw a great fireworks show near our apartments...a tender mercy from the Lord. It felt good to have the firework experience again...I miss that.
Well, transfers have come and gone. I have a new companion, her name is Sister Garre. She is Brazilian, go figure! She is my third Brazilian companion. She is a little ball of fire, vibrant, filled with enthusiasm, energy, and commitment to the Lord. We will find a great balance in the work together and I think that we will complement one another nicely. I am grateful.
Jade is doing well. She was supposed to be confirmed on Sunday, but got to church late...so we will be doing the confirmation next Sunday. It's always so nerve racking waiting in sacrament meeting for the investigators, recent converts, or less actives to get to church. Jade's heart is somewhat heavy, please pray for her. She has been through so much and her strength amazes me. I know that the Atonement will help heal her and she knows it too.
We continue to find new investigators who are prepared. I feel blessed to be in such a fantastic area where people really are willing, ready, and waiting to receive the truth. I know that we will continue to see miracles this transfer as we have faith in the Lord's ablilites to help us and as we work hard, definitely a life lesson learned. I am grateful for faith and how I have learned to develop my own faith in Jesus Christ.
I loved Joey's last letter about being a "lucky duck". I think it's a great concept that I can apply for my last transfer in the mission. It is so important to remember our blessings and to be grateful. I, too, will think every day why I'm such a "lucky duck".
Yesterday was somewhat of a difficult day for me. I said goodbye or "see you later" to many of my dearest sister missionary friends leaving the mission field. It was hard and I just felt sick to my stomach, but I prayed to know that the Lord still needed me here serving Him. We were on shift last night at the VC. While we were on shift a sweet older couple came into the VC. I gave them a tour about eternal families and temples. They were so impressed with the concept that they accepted to receive the missionaries. Later in the evening Asetia, a convert from Quince Orchard, with all of her children came into the VC. I gave them a Christus tour and I was so touched by how Asetia's testimony has grown and how converted she is. She was happy to see me as well and expressed her thanks for helping her be baptized. At the end of the evening Erica, a convert from DC 2nd, came in to see me. She told me that there were many exciting things happening in her life and some trials and I was the first she wanted to see. As we talked about her conversion and how much she has grown since then my heart was filled. By the end of the night, I felt that the Lord had answered my prayers in abundance and I felt so grateful that He still needed me here.
I know that this transfer will be filled with miracles, new relationships, and growth. I am so glad that I am here and that I can give my whole heart and all my time to the Lord. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I love the Lord and I love serving Him and His children.
All my love, Sister Hogge
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment