Hello lovely friends and family,
It has been a wonderful week getting to know my new companion and learning what it is that the Lord would have me learn this transfer. Oh, I have much to learn, but I think that the Lord has much to teach me about humility, being willing to compromise, and having the courage to be light-hearted. Actually, I have recently been praying for the Lord to give me experiences to help me be more light-hearted. He has definitely answered my prayers. Just two days ago I ate a bug (unintentionally) while I was GQing two younger girls. It was hilarious and it tasted awful! Later in the evening I taught Sister Garre how to catch fire flies and we probably looked crazy dancing around the grass. I am learning that the Lord definitely has a sense of humor and that light-heartedness is indeed a spiritual gift we can pray for.
This past Sunday I prayed so hard for our investigators to come to church. Summertime means lots of vacationing. When we got to church we found that two different members had brought a friend and a sister who both were not members of the church...yet. I know that the Lord answers our prayers and I'm grateful that I can trust Him and that He understands my concerns.
Sunday was more spiritual than usual for me. In Relief Society we talked about how the church has grown. As I sat in class and thought about the Lord's work, how it has filled the earth, and how I have been able to be a part of it, my heart was filled. Sensations of gratitude and feelings of zeal overcame me as I thought about the cause of truth that we are all involved in. So often doing this work has filled my heart and my soul with so much joy, but today I felt my perspective widen and that for a few brief moments I had a glimpse of eternity. At that moment I knew that this work is a lot bigger than I realized and that I have had the great privilege to be a part of it. I thought about "The Standard of Truth", "no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing!" With a more eternal perspective the work is so much more fun! I feel that I've become such an old softy. My feelings have become more tender as I have thought about how blessed I have been to serve the Lord.
Jade is doing well. She received the gift of the Holy Ghost this last Sunday. Bishop Davenport confirmed her. She is different from when we first met her. She is getting her life together and she feels more confident in who she is as a daughter of a lovng Heavenly Father. I love seeing how the gospel and the Atonement of Jesus Christ change people. She smiles more and she has a beautiful light in her eyes. I'm so happy for her. This coming Sunday she has been asked to speak at Immanuel's baptism. Immanuel is a guy the elders have been working with. Jade is excited to share her testimony about baptism. I love this church and how it helps everyone feel welcomed and loved. I hope that we can all be better to love those around us, especially those who may seen different from us. I have developed a great love for my brothers and sisters.
Next week President and Sister Mansell will be taking all of the "dying" missionaries to Arlington. It will be a special trip and a very special experience for all of us. I am excited to go. When I performed there 7 or 8 years ago I would have never thought that my next visit there would be as a missionary. I am grateful for my country and for those who sacrificed themselves so that we could have the freedom that we have. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.
We continue to find, find, and find. We are teaching, and one of our investigators, Veronica, has a baptismal date for August 3rd. Please keep her and all of our investigators in your prayers. I have the faith that they can progress and now they need to have the faith. I love this work!
Well, I am happy and healthy and I love loving people! Hope all is well with you.
All my love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment