Dearest loved ones,
It's amazing how quickly June has flown by. I am grateful for the gift of time and I feel that the Lord is blessing me with opportunities to learn how to manage His time better. I love the many lessons learned as a missionary.
Not too much has happened this past week. We continue to find many new investigators and we are constantly being put in their paths. It's interesting to see and to feel how much the Lord loves His children. If only they could know how much He cares...that's why we're here to help them see their divine potential. I've been thinking a lot lately about divine potential. I know that with God all things are possible, just as the angel said to Mary when she found that she would be the earthly mother of Jesus Christ. Because we have a spark of divinity in us we can have hope to know that we can do anything!
Recently I have been studying the New Testament. I love learning of our Savior and reading of His example and His perfect patience and love. I have been especially impressed with what He has taught us about faith. He was constantly teaching His disciples about faith, to fear not, but believe only. I never understood until now the tangible power of faith. It amazes me how patient our Lord is with us when we don't have faith. He understands that in order to grow we must use our own agency and choose whether or not to have faith in Him. As I have had faith in the work it has set a pattern of the need for faith throughout all stages of my life. May we all have hope and faith in our Savior.
We plan for Jade to be baptized this coming Sunday. Please keep her in your prayers. The week before the baptism is always difficult. She is really struggling with her self worth, family issues, etc. but we continue to encourage her with love. I know that the Lord loves her and that she will be baptized. We just need to help her continue progressing.
As we have been continuing to find I have been humbled. Just yesterday we saw a group of younger men who looked less than welcoming. However, as we swallowed our pride we found them to be good guys who "are searching for the truth but they know not where to find it". One of them was named Mr. Pain and he had a bracelet on that said "kill". As we taught them on the grass of their apartment complex we found them to really have a love for God. I know that God loves ALL of His children and that is why we must talk to everyone. I am also grateful for the Spirit and how it helps us discern when we are in good and bad situations. I am grateful to feel a portion of God's love for all of His children that we meet...a very real blessing.
This past week I had somewhat of a disappointing experience that was also a great learning experience for me. I am learning that the purest form of love is sacrifice. I am also learning how to be a better member by being willing to sacrifice for those that I may not even know. We have covenanted to do so. I think of the Willie and Martin Handcart companies and how their brethren sacrificed their own lives to run to their rescue. I hope and pray that we can have the same perspective and attitude for those in our own wards who may be lost sheep. I love what I am learning.
Well, we are off to DC today to have a tour of the Capitol! We are so excited! I always love going to DC. We might even do some shopping in Union Station while we're down there. The weather has been perfect for a trip to DC. I hope all is well with you. My prayers are with you. May the Lord bless you as you continue to sacrifice to build the kingdom in whatever capacity the Lord sees fit to bless you with.
Love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment