Hello my lovely people,
First things first...Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Daddy, Happy Brithday to you!!! A card is on the way. So, how does it feel to be 25 again? As much as I wish I could be with you, I love this work and I know that the Lord needs me here. You will be in my thoughts all throughout the day. I love you.
The weather has become bipolar once again! Today is a beautiful, cloudy, humid day with a high of 70!! It's a perfect day to go to the city! We will be going to the city with the Roes (senior couple) and many of the other sisters. We're excited to spend time in beloved DC. A few days ago it was very cold and rainy. Sister Mulford and I spend the entire day outside and we had a blast! We were soaked from head to toe and loved every minute of it. I love Sister Mulford. She is so light-hearted, charitable, and optimistic. The Lord has really blessed me with a friend like her. I am learning so much from her and I'm grateful that we are companions.
We are continually seeing miracles daily. The Lord is blessing us with many people to talk to and with many new investigators. Every day our plans have changed, but only for the better. It's a testimony to me that the Lord's hand is always in His work and in our lives. We are currently teaching Sarah and Anne. I think that I had mentioned them before, but if not, they are cousins and Sarah is 17 and Anne is 12. I have never met such faithful girls. Although peer pressure is difficult they stay strong. We have set baptismal dates with the both of them. They will be getting baptized on February 17th and they are very excited. I love them. Teaching them has reminded me of my teenage days and the pressures of friends and life. I am grateful for siblings who are so strong in the church and who have always been great examples to me. Although I am the eldest child, I feel that I have learned much, much more from them, than they from me. Please keep Sarah and Anne in your prayers. Anne will be moving shortly after her baptism to live with her Mom in Connecticut. Sarah will only be in town for the weekends because she is pursuing a modeling career. She models for Teen Vogue and Rolling Stone. However, she has counseled with our Bishop and is beginning to understand the importance of using her gifts and talents to bring others to Christ. It's so wonderful to see such sweet girls' hearts change. We are so proud of them.
There is a Dutch Market in our area. It's awesome! The Amish run the market and the food is delicious! Everything they sell, they grow in farms and they make in their own bakeries. Members will often feed the missionaires in their restaurant. Fun stuff!
Funny story: Sister Mulford and I wanted to make a cake for our Rachel's birthday. Rachel is a member and we are teaching her husband, Greg. (Greg is doing well and slowly progressing.) Anyway, we had some members find a recipe for us and they just happened to buy all of the ingredients and more for us too. I know, we are spoiled. We began early one morning this week and worked really hard to make it just right. But, as you might guess the cakes turned out awful! We didn't completely read the directions. I don't know how I'll even be a housewife. I guess it just takes practice. We ended up using a box cake. The cake was two layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries! It was beautiful, except for the fact that it was slightly tilted. I was proud of our accomplishment. Rachel loved it and it tasted delicious!
I am grateful for our new prophet, President Monson. When I heard the news of who the new Presidency was I immediateful felt a rush of peace. I know that these men are called of God and my heart is so full of love for them. We are so blessed to have modern day prophets.
Love you all, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment