Dearest family and friends,
It has been yet another week of miracles. We have really seen that Lord's hand in His work as we have continually prayed for His guidance and help. The Lord is so good to us. Countless times when we have prayed to know where to go and then act on faith the people we have planned to contact have not only been home at the perfect time, but are just outside of their homes, which means they can't run away or hide from us. I love it! We are beginning to work with less actives and I'm really enjoying their conversion stories. We have to help them remember the covenants that they have made with our Heavenly Father. I have really felt the Lord's love for His children, these souls are precious. The Lord is also leading us to many new investigators. This area is a great area for finding! We hope and pray that the Lord will soften their hearts to keep their appointments and their commitments. I love testifying to these precious souls!
Sister Mulford and I are having an absolute blast training Sister Mukhlaash. I have never had so much fun and laughed so hard. Thank heavens that Sister Mukhlaash is incredibly humble and teachable. She is always willing to try anything even though she feels unprepared and uncomfortable. The Lord is really blessing her and her English. We work with her every day to improve her Engish. Communication is essential to help her progress. We practice in the car, while we're finding, etc. She is learning by our examples, so it's important that we love the work! She has already developed a great love for the people of Quince Orchard. We love her so much. Life would not be the same without sweet Sister Mukhlaash. We have been having a little fun with her and have taught her fun words and phrases like... "we rock!"(only she says "we rocks!")..."wicked"...and my favorite, "what's up homie g funk". She is adorable and we love to laugh. I'm glad that she is learning that missionary work, although trying, is FUN!
We met with the Floyd family again last Wednesday, one of Sister Mukhlaash's first appointments. They made us a delicious German mean (Greg was born and raised in Germany). We taught Greg about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a very spiritual lesson. We committed Greg to be baptized March 15th. He was nervous, but he knows it is what he needs to do and most importantly, what the Lord needs him to do. Rachel's face lit up, she was so happy. She has been waiting for many years for Greg to be baptized. The girls were also very excited. At the end of the lesson we knelt in prayer and Greg asked Rachel to pray. She said the most beautiful, heart felt prayer, and with tears in her eyes thanked Heavenly Father for preparing Greg to be baptized. I felt so much love as she prayed. The Lord loves the Floyd family. We met with them again a few days ago and taught Greg the Word of Wisdom. He struggles with the Word of Wisdom. He stopped drinking many months ago, but soon thereafter developed the bad habit it smoking. He told us that after he committed to be baptized he always felt so bad when he would smoke. He has already begun the process of quitting, which is good. He told us that he would be completely clean by March 1st. So, we made a deal with him. We would stop eating chocolate while he stops smoking. I'll have you know that this is a big deal for both Sister Mulford and I. We love chocoate!! I have thought about Greg whenever I crave chocolate and it helps me understand a small part of what he must feel. Luckily, we will be able to continue eating chocolate after March 2nd. He is very excited for his baptism and is taking it very seriously. We are so proud of him. At the end of the lesson they told us that they have a family goal to be sealed by next April. They asked if I would be able to come to their sealing and of course I said, "I wouldn't miss it!" My heart is so full of love for the Floyd family. They have changed my life.
I had a dream the other night that I went to a singles ward after my mission and I was still wearing my name tag. A friend told me that I had to take it off, that I wasn't serving a mission anymore. Taking off the tag was the most horrible feeling. I know that the Lord would never withhold blessings from His faithful servants. I am so grateful for the opportunity He has given me to serve Him. Hope all is well with you.
All my love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment