Hello Family and Friends!
My heart is so full and I am happy. Last night as I prayed before going to bed, my heart felt full and overwhelmed with peace and happiness. Sister Baxter and I are loving life.
Kate and Abraham are doing well. Abraham is currently in San Fransisco and I told him to tell Cali "HI" for me. He called us last night from Cali. We were so excited to hear from him. He is really excited about his bapstim and asked what else we'd like him to read from the Book of Mormon. The sad news is that he won't be coming home until Sep. 8th. Please keep him in your prayers. He needs the strength to resist Satan while he is away from us for such a long period of time. It feels wonderful to help others repent and come unto Christ. Kate is fabulous and has her entire baptism planned. I will probably be singing and I am excited to do so. Kate is taking us to PF Changs tonight for dinner. I know...we are spoiled...and I LOVE it! Keep Kate in your prayers as well. She is happy and she is strong. We are excited for her baptism coming up Sep. 10th.
We have two new investigators. Teresa has been attending church all of her life, but was never baptized. She is progressing and will be baptized soon. Erica has been attending church with her boyfriend for two months and we just found out on Sunday that she is not a member YET. We are excited to get to know her and to help her in her progression. The Lord is truly blessing us in this work.
Lately we have been "GQ ing" or street contacting at the Wheaton Metro station. It's been a blast! I've totally been kicked outside of my comfort zone and I love it! Basically we separate and conquer. In the last two days we taught 95 lessons. It's amazing and it feels wonderful!! I have been working on my Spanish skills. We went GQing yesterday with Elder Cottrell and Elder Johnson and no one spoke Spanish except me (and I don't even speak Spanish!) I learned how to introduce myself and the Book of Mormon. I've also learned how to testify of Jesus Christ. Although we don't speak the same language I could see in their eyes that they felt the Spirit and that they understand. It's beautiful! I love being a missionary!!
The other day a Japanese group came into the VC. They were exchange students with their LDS American host families. It was fun to talk with them and give them pamphlets in Japanese. They filled out referral cards and we sent them to Temple Square. All I could think about was Joey and how excited I am for him to work with such wonderful people. It almost brought me to tears.
I have been feeling the battle with the natural man lately. I know that all spiritual things are "foolishness" to the natural man (1 Cor. 2:14). When I get tired or hungry or scared to talk with people the natural man would have me feel that I have done enough. As I have worked to overcome the natural man I have felt the greater power and strength of the Holy Ghost. Truly our goal in this second estate is to put off the natural man and become patient, humble, full of love, and willing to submit our will to the Lord's will.
I am studying "Jesus the Christ" outside of my regular study time. Whenever I get a chance I love reading about the life of my Savior. I feel that I am closer to him now more than ever. I love him.
This Friday we will be attending the temple and I'll be thinking of you while I am there. I am so grateful for the opportunity and blessing to attend the temple often and to feel refreshed and renewed to move forward in this great work.
I am grateful and happy. You are always in my prayers.
With Love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment