Thursday, September 6, 2007

6 Sep 2007

Hello from a not-so-hot day in DC,

Thank you for the emails and letters. I love hearing how everyone is doing. It brings excitement into my life especially when I hear from my wonderful family.

Sister Baxter and I are still having the time of our lives. President Mansell has told us that we are the happiest companionship in the mission...it is true! We love each other, we love the work and we love the Lord. Transfers are in two weeks and we've basically begged President and the Lord to allow to enjoy each other for at least one more transfer. However, setting all aside, the Lord's will be done.

Kate is doing great. She is getting baptized on Monday. Kate and I will be singing "Consider the Lilies" in church soon. I am excited for the many blessings she will receive when she becomes a member of the church and receives the gift of the Holy Ghost. On Sunday she bore her testimony and told the congregation how that morning she was praying to know what the Lord would have her do to strengthen her testimony. Her answer was to share it. She knew that she needed to hear herself bear testimony. Isn't she amazing!? Please keep her in your prayers, as this is the week before her baptism.

Teresa and Erica are both doing well and progressing. Teresa told us of the peace and the blessings that have come into her life since she has begun reading the Book of Mormon with pure motives. I love the Book of Mormon and I have seen how it changes lives and hearts. Truly it was written for us.

We have another new investigator, Laura. She is in the army and works as a medical assistant. She coordinates surgeries. She already read 1st and 2nd Nephi before we began teaching her this week. She has been to church 3 times now and she loves it. She has been searching for quite some time and has now found the truth.

We are excited and grateful for the investigators that the Lord has blessed us with and that have fallen directly in our path. We desire to always remain worthy of his trust with his precious children.

I know that I am nothing without my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I need them. We all fall short of the glory of God, but he ALWAYS qualifies us when we are humble. I have learned that instead of thinking about all of my many, many weaknesses, I must serve. In forgetting ourselves, we find ourselves...looking outward instead of inward. And although this is easier said than done I have learned that in any situation I can simply ask, "What would Jesus Chirst do?" I only desire to be more like him. I have thinking about the song "Do they see Jesus in me?" I hope they do.

Lately as I have had difficulties falling asleep I have put the song to test and have began to count my blessings...and it works! "When you're worried and you can't sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep, and you'll fall asleep counting your blessings." I am so blessed.

I saw an old roommate this past week...very exciting! Breanna lived with me my senior year at BYUI. She is now happily married and moving to Oregon for a few months with her husband. It's exciting to see friends doing good things and progressing in their journey back to our Heavenly Father. Also, I drove on M St. in Georgetown this past week. Shopping heaven...then I remembered I had been there before with Galena on tour. So fun!

My P-Day will be on Tuesday this coming week, but will return to Wednesdays the week after.

I love being a missionary!

With Love, Sister Hogge

No comments: