Hello Family and Friends...
Transfers and come and gone today and I have been transferred! My P-Day is now on Wednesdays. I will miss Olney terribly. Courtney was confirmed on Sunday. Bishop Hill did the confirmation and it was beautiful. She is strong and I am so proud of her. This past week we taught her all of the member lessons. She especially enjoyed learning about temples and family history work. She should be receiving her temple recommend today to attend the temple for baptisms this week. It will hard to not see her as often, but the Lord always knows best. I am glad that I can trust Him. Thank heavens that I work at the VC as well. Courtney comes to the VC often and I will enjoy seeing her as well as many of the less-actives and members of the Olney 1st ward. As I looked around watching everyone before and after sacrament meeting my heart filled with so much love. I know and love these people so much. It's usually about that time that the Lord changes things up to help us grow. I knew I would be transferred. I could feel it. Beautiful Olney was simply heaven on earth.
I have been transferred to the DC 2nd Singles Ward. When I began my mission the thought of serving in a singles ward terrified me. However, these past few weeks I've had a feeling that the Lord would send me to serve in a singles ward, so I began preparing myself for the possibility. The awkwardness is something I've just choosen to get over fast. The DC 2nd ward has about 400 members, most of which are active. The missionary work is booming! I am so excited! I have heard wonderful things about the ward. I've met many of the members who have come into the VC. We have a HUGE area and once again, I get to drive. Part of our area includes the city. I am learning to love change, I guess I really have no choice. Change is good espeically in the mission field. My new companion is Sister Baxter. She is from England and she is adorable. We came out into the field together and I love her!!! Her dad is Elder Baxter of the Seventy. We are both so excited and I know that I will learn so much from her. She is a happy and cheerful sister missionary, a complete delight. Tonight we have dinner with one of the male members at a restaurant. The dinner rules are that we cannot be in a single male member's home with another woman, but public places are okay! Welcome to the singles ward! ; )
Life is wonderful and I will finally have roommates!! I am so happy. I love being a missionary! I have learned much about the Atonement this past transfer. I am grateful for my Savior and I love him. We cannot deny the power of the Atonement and we must apply the Atonement to our lives. It's only through Jesus Christ that we can become the people we want to become. I know that the Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ. I know that the people and the stories really did happen. I know that we need prophets. I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet to restore truths to its fulness. We now enjoy many blessing because of the Restoration. I know that I have a Father in heaven who loves me and knows me. He is involved in the details of my life. I know that this church is the ONLY church on the earth that contains the fulness and espeically the authority. How blessed we are to enjoy these things.
With Love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment