Hello wonderful family and friends...
Where to begin?! I am absolutely loving my new area. It covers all of DC and most of the northern part of our mission...yes, it is huge! I've driven twice now in the city and both times we got lost...pretty scary, especially when our map just stopped and we had no idea where we were going. We also accidently left the mission and drove into Virginia which will be my second time leaving the mission, on "accident." Sister Baxter truly is a wonderful navigator and we have learned the fact that we truly do rely on the Lord...especially when we get lost. The other night we drove through the city...by all of the monuments and museums, it was beautiful. I LOVE my area!!
The people of the ward are AMAZING! I have never met so many beautiful, accomplished and spiritual people. It is definitely inspiring and it has helped me see my own potential. I love the singles and I've totally gotten over the awkwardness. We already been taken out to eat twice by the guys...On the Border and Cheesecake Factory...yeah, we're spoiled and I love it! They know how to take care of us and they are wonderful missionaries. We just had dinner the other night at a member's home. He lives on Capitol Hill. Most of the members are attending law or medical school or they are already successful in their career. It's amazing! I have never felt so loved as a missionary. It just keeps getting better and better.
We are teaching many, many people. Kate is one investigator who will be baptized early in September. We hope to give Abraham a baptismal date this week and we hope that many more will follow. Sister Baxter and I work really, really well together and we want to make the most of our time together. We hope to bring many souls to Christ. It's exciting! I am learning so much from Sister Baxter. I have never felt so at peace and I have never seen such perspective. The way she lives is beautiful and I am excited for the changes that the Lord has in store for my own personality. I desire to grow in patience, perspective, and light-heartedness. We compliment each other well and we respect and love each other.
I saw Wendy Astle and her family at the VC the other day. It took her a while to recognize me. We took pictures together and she is doing well. Thank you family for all of the pictures from the camping trip. You brought me with you with all of the pictures and it was as if I could smell the ocean and hear the waves...I loved it!
Yesterday was zone conference. It was amazing, as usual. Before the conference I prayed to know what the Lord would have me learn and, of course, throughout the conference I was given many answers. I am excited to apply the things learned such as, finding through members and bringing happiness to all. After the conference we were given permission to watch President Faust's funeral. I know that God has a plan for each of us and I am grateful. I know that it is my responsibility to bring happiness and peace to others by helping them see God's love in the specific plans he has made for them.
I am loving this work more and more. I pray that all is well with you. I pray that the Lord will bless you. I pray that the Lord will continue to mold me and help me find his elect.
With Love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment