Hello!!
Transfers are today and I have been transferred to a town northeast called Quince Orchard. I will be serving with Sister Mulford. We are two of a kind. We are so much alike, it will be a wonderful transfer. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever known and she came out the same time as Sister McEwan. It was difficult to say goodbye to the wonderful members, recent converts, and investigators of DC 2nd, but the Lord's will be done. It was difficult for me to say goodbye to Laura, Erica, Florence, and especially Lydia and Revi. There were some tears, but we will always be close. I'm so grateful to have served with the singles. I have felt my heart completely change as I have felt so much love for His children, the Lord is so good to me.
This last Sunday was the "Why I Believe" fireside. I was asked to sing "Via Dolorosa". It was beautiful. I have felt so grateful to be able to use my talents to share my love for my Savior and my testimony of Him. The Lord gives us gifts for the edifying of His children. Erica came to the fireside. She is doing well and will still be baptized March 2nd. I will be attending her baptism with Sister Baxter.
My 24th birthday was a great day. We had been grounded the day before because of snow and we were grounded into the morning of my birthday. For breakfast we had brownies and ice cream while I opened my birthday gifts from my fabulous family! Thank you family! I especially loved the Cinderella card from Sarah, you know me too well. Sister Mansell called and the assistants sang "Happy Birthday" to me, which was a real treat because they have the best voices in the mission! Then, to my surprise I was kidnapped by my companion and roommates. It was hilarious! They threw a blanket over me and carried me into the elevator, down the hall, into the car, and drove around for a while. When we finally got to our destination, they took the blanket off but I still had to close my eyes. The surprised me with lunch at Panera Bread. It was great and one of the senior couples met us there too. After lunch we had an appointment with Laura at the VC and then another appointment with Florence in DC. For dinner, Lydia and Brandon took us to downtown DC at the Hard Rock Cafe. It took me a while to remember that I had been to the restaurant 7 years ago when I came with Galena...good memories. I love spending time with Lydia and Brandon. I love them so much. I came home to some letters from my family and I espeically loved reading the letter from Elder Hogge. I am so proud of the missionary that he is becoming. It was a wonderful day, the best birthday yet!
Sacrament meeting this past Sunday was focused on missionary work. Laura and Raymond, two recent converts, spoke. Sister McEwan and I sang "Did You Think To Pray?" and our ward mission leader Eric Cragun, introduced our new ward mission plan for the new year. It was an exciting and spirit filled meeting. Revi, Erica, and Nick were all at church. I will miss everyone and during the meeting I knew that I would be leaving. Life was getting too good and too comfortable. Change always helps us grow and pushes us out of our comfort zones.
I love this work and I'm excited for the growing experiences that will come this transfers. Quince Orchard is a wonderful area where I have always wanted to serve. Sister Mulford is the dream companion. My heart is so full.
All my love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment