Happy New Year!!
The weather has taken a turn on us suddenly and I can't feel my hands...hoping I can type. I am excited for the new year. A new year always means new goals and exciting things to come. To celebrate the new year Sister McEwan and I along with our roommates went to the Spanish sisters apartment in our apartment building and counted down to 11:15pm. Because of Festival we get home later and have to be in bed by 11:30pm instead of 10:30pm. We brought over New Year's hats and the senior couples who heard about our 11:15pm celebration brought us some Martinelli's to celebrate with. I have learned that missionaries are the best at amusing themselves...we do it so well. At 11:29pm we ran back to the apartment to say prayers and go to bed. I guess I had a really long prayer because by the time I was done it was 11:59pm after which I sat and looked at the clock until it said 12:00am. HAPPY NEW YEAR! A very exciting evening indeed.
The Festival of Lights is officially done. We ended last night. I will miss it. I have never seen so many miracles in one month. We were blessed with over 4,000 people who said "Yes" to a missionary visit along with a Book of Mormon or other gift, like a DVD. I have decided that I love people!! I loved being with so many people whose hearts were softened because of the Christmas season and who came to us! I have never felt so close to my Savior during the holiday season. The Lord definitely knew what He was doing when He sent me to the VC. I love serving as a VC sister. Never in my life have I felt so exhausted and so happy. My body is completely done! The Lord has been so merciful in giving us not only spiritual strength, but physical as well. Last night as everyone was leaving the VC I spent the last minute of Festival looking at our beautiful temple through our temple window. The temple and the Christmas lights are beautiful together, but even more beautiful is the reflection of the Christus in the middle of it all. It is always a reminder to me that because of Jesus Christ we can feel joy and peace.
It's time to get back to our area. We had our first appointment in two weeks this last week. Our area is pretty dead, but as we are ready and willing to work and trust in the Lord, He will help us. People are beginning to trickle back into town. We saw Erica this last week. She is happy and excited to be baptized. We talked about her conversion and I was amazed with her level of conversion to following Jesus Christ. I am happy for her and I love her. Revi is supposed to be baptized this Sunday, but isn't sure when she'll be back into town. Please keep her in your prayers.
My heart is full. I am healthy (for the most part) and happy and I love being a servant of the Lord! Hope you all have a beautiful week. We are so blessed.
With love, Sister Hogge
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment