Wednesday, October 31, 2007

31 October 2007

Hello my lovely family and friends,

Happy Halloween! Halloween isn't too exciting as a missionary, but I will always remember this Halloween for many exciting reasons. Transfers have come and gone. Sister Baxter has been transferred to a family ward in Derwood, which is the northern part of our mission. She is excited and a little scared, but she will be wonderful! I will miss her dearly, but I know that there are many good things to come in the DC 2nd area.

I have some exciting news. I have a new companion named Sister McEwan (pronounced Mc Q an). She is from Lindon, Utah and she is wonderful. She is also fresh from the MTC! President Mansell called me the night of transfers and told me that the Lord had an assignment for me...to train. I have never felt so excited and terrified in my life! I haven't slept for days, but I am so happy. I am grateful for the opportunity to rely on the Lord. For the first time in my life I feel completely dependant on the Lord for courage and strength. I know that love and exact obedience are essential and I know that the Lord will help both Sister McEwan and me. She is so wonderful and so excited about the work. She has come to the best area in the mission...Zion. I am excited for all that she will teach me. I pray that the Lord will give me strength to do all I can to help her become the missionary He needs her to be and the missionary she has always dreamed of being. I feel a great responsibility, but patience and perspective will bless our lives as we work together to build the kingdom. When the new missionaries come they attend the temple with their trainers. As we sat through the session I felt the Lord giving me needed power and strength to move forward with faith. I am so grateful for this work and for all that the Lord is teaching me. I love Sister McEwan and she will grow into a powerful and effective instrument in the Lord's hands. Please keep us in your prayers.

Everyone is doing well. All of the recent converts are happy and are excited about a new life as members of the church. Our investigators are doing well, but many are struggling. Please keep them in your prayers. I pray that the Lord will help me know what we can do to help them put God first. I know that we will continue to find new investigators through the members and through our own efforts. I know that the Lord will continue to bless this area. I am so grateful for my mission and for all that I have learned thus far.

Sister McEwan saw Joey in the MTC. She said that he sang...of course. I am so proud of him and the missionary that he is becoming. He is becoming more like our Savior. I am SO EXCITED for Melanie to serve the Lord. She will be a powerful missionary. I am so proud of her and the example that she is to me and to everyone. We are so blessed with the most wonderful family in the world!

I know that Jesus Christ lives and I know that this work is His work. We are helping build the kingdom in all we do. The Book of Mormon has changed my heart. I am grateful for the privilege to testify of its truths and to be a representative of my Savior. This is His church! It has been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. Miracles have not ceased, God's power in on the earth, and this gospel is simple and beautiful.

I love you all and I pray for you always.

All my love, Sister Hogge

No comments: