Wednesday, October 3, 2007

3 October 2007

Dear Family and Friends,

Hello from a beautiful Fall day in DC. The weather is gorgeous here and it's getting cooler and more colorful by the second. Sister Baxter and I have plans to walk down Antique Row in Kensington by the temple. We'll probably stop at a cafe for lunch. What the life! We are so fortunate.

Abraham was confirmed this last Sunday. It was a beautiful confirmation. As the priesthood leader blessed Abraham I felt that the Lord was truly speaking to Abraham through his servant. The priesthood power has become very real to me and I am so grateful that it has been restored to the earth in these latter days. Abraham is going to need much support from friends in the church because he doesn't have any support from his family. Members are essential in a convert's progress. I hope that you are all helping the new converts because I know that they need you.

Lydia, Laura, and Teresa are all doing well. We will be busy preparing each of them for their baptisms next week. Next week will be busy and I'm glad. I like to stay busy. As we have worked with each of them this past week I have listened to their prayers and I am often touched that they always pray for us. They will usually pray that we may be successful in bringing others to Christ. This has created in me a wonderful sense of responsibility to always remain worthy of these choice souls the Lord has entrusted in our care and to work harder. I feel privileged to be a part of their conversion process. It has been wonderful to watch them grow closer to the Lord.

Erica has now also accepted a baptismal date. We are preparing her to be baptized Nov. 11th. Please keep all of these wonderful sisters in your prayers and they will all need extra strength at this crucial time in their lives.

General Conference is coming soon!! It's like Christmas for missionaries! I am so excited! We have invited each of our investigators to pray about and write down a few questions that they desire answers for. We have been teaching everyone about prophets. I know that we need prophets and I know that they are men called of God. All of our investigators will be watching at least one session of conference this weekend. I pray that the Lord will answer their prayers through the words of His prophets. I have also written questions down and I'm excited to receive the needed guidance and direction the Lord has for me. I invite all of you to write questions down to be answered during conference. We are so blessed to know that we can trust our leaders.

Funny story: I got another parking ticket!! I've decided that I'm done parking in DC. We thought we read the sign carefully and thoroughly, but I guess we didn't read some hidden fine print. That's a record for me. I've never received any ticket and now I have two tickets in one week! Hopefully I've learned my lesson by now.

The work is progressing well and I am very happy. I hope all is going well with you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I love this work and I love the Lord.

With Love, Sister Hogge

No comments: