Hey family,
Zone Conference was wonderful! President and Sister Price talked about baptism and the Holy Ghost, two PMG principles. It was great to learn from their experiences and insights. I especially enjoyed Sister Price's talk on the "earnest" of the Spirit. You will find more on the subject if you look it up in the Bible Dictionary. It's definitely a great topic to study. We also learned from our Assistants how to use our weekly planning time more wisely. They are such great examples to me! Our zone conference is much shorter than the normal conference. We began at 9am and ended at 1pm. President wants to give us more time to be missionaries I suppose. I know that I will look forward to every zone conference to come. They give me strength to press forward and be a better missionary.
Many of my goals this week have included opening my mouth and talking with every one I see. It's definitely scary, but I'm getting over my fears step by step. It's important to talk with people in between appointments and especially when getting in and out of the car. Sister Everts is helping me think of different approaches using the resources (pamphets, pass along cards, and videos). When we do our best the Lord will bless us with added help and strength. I have found that pride often gets in the way of my progression, but the Lord always humbles us when we don't humble ourselves. I am learning more than I thought I would about myself and I find that I am changing in ways I didn't know I needed change...if that makes sense. You'll hear about more of my struggles and progess on the tapes I'll be sending Friday. It's wonderful!
Maylek - We are teaching Maylek the 3rd lesson today. He is so excited! Sister Moorman is taking us to a Greek restaurant again for dinner. After dinner we will be going back to their house for the lesson.
Lyn - We taught Lyn part of the 2nd lesson this week and we will be teaching her the other half tomorrow. We taught the lesson with a member, Sister Just (gospel principles teacher). The Spirit was strong and prompted us to commit her to baptism (which we were planning to do tomorrow). I committed Lyn to be baptized April 29th. Although hesitant, she accepted. We need to help Lyn with her testimony of the BOM and of Joseph Smith, pray for her! We are so happy for Lyn. She has already changed. She came to church with us this past week and she absolutely loved it!! It was fast and testimony meeting and the Spirit was strong. I felt impressed to bear my testimony and as I did I was overwhelmed with a spirit of love. I have never been so scared to bear my testimony because I had no idea what the Lord wanted me to say. However, the Lord blessed me with the most pure and simple testimony I have ever shared with anyone. It was amazing. I love the White Oak ward. I love their support for the missionaries. They fasted this month for us and for the ward's missionary work. We are so blessed to have a strong, supportive ward.
This coming Sunday Lyn has been invited to watch conference and have dinner at a member's house (we will be coming along as well). We are excited for her to hear a living prophet's voice!! I am sooooo EXCITED for conference! It's like Christmas for missionaries!
We have been working to find new investigators. We taught two new investigators the 1st lesson yesterday, Olga (a member's neighbor) and Melodie (a part-member family's neighbor). They are both sweet and wonderful women. I'm sure you'll hear more about them later.
My prayers and thoughts are with the family always. As I read about Grandpa Hogge my heart hurt and tears came, but only for an instant. The Lord has blessed me with a calm heart because He knows that I would worry myself to no end if I could. The Lord is so merciful to us all. I love you and think about you every day as I go to bed and pray for you. [note from Jeff: For those who don't know, Mindy mentions Grandpa Hogge (Wally) because he had a heart attack last Saturday. After an angioplasty, he is resting now but still in the hospital.]
I am working hard and I'm stepping outside of my comfort zone. I know the Lord needs me here in DC. I feel so blessed that he would want me here to represent him.
I love you, Sister Hogge
p.s. Could I get Joey's school addy? I forgot to mention, no flower patterned skirts. If you come across some cheap rechargeable batteries, let me know (for my camera).
Grandma & pa Buck - Thank you for the postcard!! A letter is coming soon to you! Love you.
Grandma & pa Hogge - My thoughts and prayers are with you. I love you so much!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment