Hey Family,
Because of email complications I had to save my email I wrote yesterday and email it to you today...
It was wonderful to receive emails from the Southern Cali coast. Mom and Dad I'm glad that you finally got your long awaited vacation...you deserve some time off!!
This week I have been working on a recording to send to the fam (thank you dad for the tapes, batteries, and recorder). I wanted the family to see what a week in Sister Hogge's life is like. It has been fun to record a short message of my experiences each day. It helps me be accountable for each minute of the day! ; )
Zone conference is tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes in my next email. One of the assistants called me yesterday and asked if I would sing at the conference. They want me to sing about baptism, the Holy Ghost, the Restoration, or Jesus Christ. I will be singing the usual "Guide Me To Thee." It's simple and always brings the Spirit to meetings. I am excited for my first zone conference. I will also be singing at the VC training meeting this week on Friday morning.
The Christlike attribute that I am working on this week is diligence. The change and vigorous ways of missionary life have been a struggle for me, but I am grateful for what the Lord has been teaching me. I have been praying for the Lord to purify and sanctify my heart that I may give all to him. A few days ago I read Helaman 3:35. Helaman tells us that in order for the Lord to purify and sanctify our hearts we must yield our hearts to the Lord. I know that as we do this we become true followers of Christ.
I have finished reading the BOM with the mission. It has been a fun activity. I have come closer to the Lord as I have studied his words and the words of the prophets. I love the BOM!!
Maylek - Maylek has a baptismal date set for April 15th. YEAH!! We taught him the first lesson this past week and committed him to be baptized...he was very excited! Sister Moorman (Maylek's grandmother) was completely beaming and so happy! He is going to be an AMAZING member of the church. I am so happy for him and for the example that he is not only to his family, but to his future family. At the end of the lesson he asked us "Why are you so happy?" I have been touched by his sincere desires to follow Christ at 8 years old. He is wonderful!
Lyn - We taught Lyn again yesterday. Instead of teaching her the 2nd lesson we felt the Spirit guide us in teaching her about coming unto Christ. Lyn struggles with forgiveness. She has a hard life, much has happened to her, and although she loves us, she has a lot of hate in her heart. We taught her of Christ's invitation to "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest" (Matt. 11:28-30). We helped her liken these scriptures to herself. She recognized the importance of putting her burdens on the Lord by forgiving and loving others. It was a beautiful lesson. We wrote down three ways that she can "Come unto Christ": daily scripture study, daily prayer, and attending church every week. She felt so much peace and happiness. She is coming to church on Sunday!! We also shared with her about Christ visiting the Americas and blessing the little children (3 Ne. 17). She said the closing prayer for the lesson and it was beautiful and heartfelt. She will be baptized!!
The work is going well and I am absolutely loving working so hard that I'm completely exhausted by the end of the day. It is wonderful. I am doing well and when I struggle I rely on the Lord's strength. He is the only way!
I love being a servant of the Lord!
Love, Sister Hogge
p.s. Mom
- A red and a black skirt would be great. They can have ANY kind of texture etc. Light colored skirts for spring and summer would be wonderful too. Thank you so much, I know you are so busy!
- Could you send me a copy of the duet "Did You Think To Pray?" - thank you!
Dad
- The DearElder letters are great! Whatever works for you. I'm not sure if it gets here sooner than the regular mail, but thank you for your letters.
- In Either 4:1 it talks about the brother of Jared not being able to reveal what he saw to others until after Christ came to the earth and manifested himself in the flesh etc...why? I don't know if this makes sense, I don't have my BOM with me.
Grandma Hogge - thank you for the package...a letter is coming to you in the mail!
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment