Hello darlings! (I've been hanging around Sister Baxter more often now that we're trainers together and I love her beautiful English!)
It has been a week fun of fun! I was really sick and down for two days and I think it was mostly from fatigue and other things. I had absolutely no energy. It's wonderful to be serving in a trio because we can have one of the companions go out and work with a member while the other stays with the sickie. It's difficult to relax and to rest when you're a missionary. You feel lazy and ineffective, but now that I have rested I am good as new and can be much more effective! There is much wisdom in taking care of our bodies as servants of the Lord. I have also felt the Lord give me much strength. I have great respect for other missionaries, parents, and the early saints. They put so much into the lives of others and building the kingdom.
Anyway, I really do have the best companions in the world! They are so patient with me and they took good care of me while I was sick. I love them so much and we all work so well together. The work is fun, as it should be! Sister Mukhlaash is blossoming into a diligent and wonderful missionary. We are so proud of her. I especially love watching her run after people to talk to people even though she can't speak the language. She has so much faith and she trusts that the Lord will give her the words to say as she opens her mouth to the benefitting of others. She has really come out of her shell and we are seeing much of her personality now. She is actually very funny and is beginning to pick up on our jokes and gives it right back. We love her.
Funny story: We were driving in the rain one night and Sister Mukhlaash was sitting in front with me. As we were driving we heard something hit our door, probably some branches or bushes. I jokingly told Sister Mukhlaash that it was elves knocking on our door and that she should open the door to let them in...so she did just that. She opened her door while I was driving!!! We quickly told her to close her door and that we were just kidding...we're still working on the jokes. She enjoys my humor, I didn't know that I even had humor, but sometimes she thinks we're serious. We have a good time and laugh nonetheless. I've never laughed so much as I have these past few weeks...it does good to the soul!
We had zone conference this past week. It was a wonderful conference, as always. Our mission has put much focus on Preach My Gospel. This transfer's training or study plan is Chapter 2, which teaches about effective study, Lesson 4, the commandment, and Chapter 10, improving teaching skills. I'm excited for the new training plan. It will really help our own personal worthiness and santification. I love President and Sister Mansell. They know how to have fun and they love us so much. President is a good man and I know that he has been called of God.
Greg's baptism is on Saturday!!! I am so excited! He has planned a beautiful baptismal service. Sister Mukhlaash will be speaking about the Holy Ghost, Rachel (his wife) will be speaking about baptism and I will be singing one of his favorite hymns, "I Stand All Amazed". I feel privileged to share my love and testimony of my Savior through song. It is so important to keep baptismal services focused on the Savior. I will be sure to let you know how it goes. We have seen such a beautiful change in the Floyd family. One of the greatest experiences of my mission.
The work continues to progress in Quince Orchard. Spring is coming and the trees will begin to look beautiful with the famous cherry blossoms. We are working with many less-actives, other investigators, and continue to find, find, find. I love this work!
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and I have turned my thoughts to Him especially at this Easter season. I hope and pray that you all will do the same. It is a special time of year to remember what Jesus Christ overcame, sin and death, so that we could receive immortality and eternal life. I love you all.
Love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment