Dearest family and friends,
I woke up this morning and it was snowing!! It's always such a fun surprise waking up to snow. It reminds me of being in Rexburg again, good memories. Our cars have been grounded for the day so the other sisters and I walked up to the VC to email our families. It was a fun and beautiful walk. I love the snow! I hope that it will stay around long enough to have a white Christmas. "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas..." Festival of Lights will be beautiful tonight with the snow, a lovely addition.
I have decided that Heavenly Father knows me perfectly because He sent me to this mission where Christmas is a big deal. It has always been the highlight of my year. Festival is going well. We are always busy and I love it! Christmas time has definitely been my favorite time on my mission thus far. The holiday season really softens hearts. It's amazing to me how celebrating the birth of our Savior has such an effect on everyone! I now see why Christmas as a missionary is so special. I am a representative of our Savior this Christmas. It is wonderful. Festival is just going to get busier and more exciting. Already I have had many special experiences. We are all happy and are working hard together to bring as much joy to others as we can by helping them receive the missionaries along with a Christmas gift, a Book of Mormon or a DVD.
I have been asked to organize the musical performance that the sister missionaries will be doing on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at the VC. It has been so much fun to do what I love! The musical program includes some of my favorites including "When Mary Sang Her Lullaby", "Psalm 100" ( a piece I did with Collegiate Singers), a beautiful arragement of "I Wonder As I Wonder", and "What Child Is This?" Sister Baxter has written the narrative portions for the program and will be narrating. I feel like I'm really in my own element organizing this program. I has been a fun experience. President and Sister Mansell have also asked if I would organize a musical program for our zone conference in two weeks. The Lord has given us our talents to build His kingdom and I'm grateful for these opportunites.
Transfers are next week. I have a feeling that I will stay. I don't think President will me making too many changes with Festival also going on and he usually likes to keep the trainers with their traniees for two transfers. We shall see!
There is a particular film that we are showing at Festival. It is only 10 minutes long and it is called Special Witness of Christ. The first portion of the film is Jesus Christ being born in the Holy Land, His ministry, death, and Resurrection. The second portion of the film is Jesus Christ in the Americas. Throughout all of the film there is no talking, just music. It is my absolute favorite. Every time I watch it I learn something new and I feel renewed, touched, and motivated to do the Lord's work. During Festival the only break we have is 15 minutes and I will often take that time to watch the film in one of our break rooms. I have always been impressed with the concept of "one by one". I feel that it was the hallmark of the Savior's ministry. During the film I noticed that the majority of the film is not focused on the Savior, but on the people, the individuals. Many of the scenes are of the the Savior with one person, spending time with them. I am always especially touched by the Savior's visit to the Americas and I love watching the time He spends with each person, to heal, bless, and comfort. I feel that this is one of the greatest concepts that I have learned as one of His representatives...taking time for the individual. This concept also helps me remember that He knows me and loves me.
Life is good and I am happy. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that the Book of Mormon helps us understand and come close to Him more than any other book. I love this work and I pray that the Lord will help me love others as He loves me. I love you all and I hope that this time of year will only bring you closer to Him.
All my love, Sister Hogge
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment