Dearest Family and Friends,
Life is wonderful here in beautiful Olney. Courtney is getting baptized!!! This is the third baptism date we have given her, but I know that this is it! She WILL be baptized on July 29th. We are so happy for her. She has much support from many of the members of the ward, other missionaries, and from many, many others. Keep praying for her to be strengthened at this critical time in her spiritual progression and salvation! She is grateful for your prayers and she feels strengthened by them. I admire Courtney for her dedication to the Lord. She is an example to Sister Guimaraies and me. We love her.
We met Charity this past week and we taught her the second lesson about the plan of salvation. She had ordered a "Together Forever" DVD from the commericals because of her father's recent death in March. The lesson was amazing and the Spirit was strong. We read the Book of Mormon and talked about forever families. She had many, many great questions. She is truly searching for truth and she has a pure desire to do what the Lord would have her do. By the end of the lesson she was ready to change EVERYTHING to do the Lord's will. She said, "So basically you're telling me that all other churches are wrong except yours and that if I want to be with my family forever I need to be sealed to them in the temple? That makes sense." Wow! She has so much faith!! She told us how her father was searching for the true church before his death and never found it and we continued to teach her about the Spirit World and missionary work and temples etc. We could see a light turn on; she understood everything. Her only struggle is her husband's bad feelings towards the church, only because of what others have said. We are now praying for her husband's heart to be softened. She is so incredibly prepared. I know that the Lord prepares people; I know it! We are excited to see her progression and pray that we may be the best instruments in the Lord's hands to help her and her family be baptized.
I have a solid testimony of the Book of Mormon. In my studies this past week I have put together a list of all the characters. I am studying to understand each character's place in the book. As I have done so, the Spirit has testified to me that these people existed! Their stories, experiences, hardships, and joys truly happened! I love reading the Book of Mormon and I crave the time when I can be spiritually fed by its words. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it was written for us. I know that it is another testament of our Savior and testifies of him on every page. I pray that the Lord will quicken my understanding and help me retain the knowledge that I receive so I can teach others. I am so grateful for such a precious record.
I have some sad news...our zone leaders are taking our truck. It will save miles for the mission because our area is one of the largest areas in the mission. I will miss Victoria, but the elders will take good care of her and the work must move forward.
I love this work. Even when the work is sooo hard, I feel the Lord's love and I am grateful to be his representative.
With Love,
Sister Hogge
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment