Hello from beautiful (and not humid today) Olney!
I was so excited when I walked outside and it wasn't humid! Guess what...I'm getting a farmer's tan. It's very attractive.
Joey I am soooooooo EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! Wow! Japan!!! I am so happy for you. I totally know what you mean about feeling inadequate and unworthy to serve the Lord. Satan pokes at every weakness you have and he NEVER sleeps! Just know that the Lord is pleased with you. Enjoy your time at the temple. You will feel the Spirit in great abundance...always remember those feelings, especially when you feel inadequate. The Lord only allows us to be humbled so low so that He can lift us higher than we could ever imagine. We must allow Him to lift us and we must allow the sanctification and purification process to take its course. It's a beautiful, yet difficult experience. In my 40-day fast of all of the things that drive the Spirit away I have often returned to the words of Elder Eyring, from his recent address entitled "This Day." He says, "For those who are discouraged by their circumstances and are therefore tempted to feel they cannot serve the Lord this day, I make you two promises. Hard as things seem today, they will be better in the next day if you choose to serve the Lord this day with your whole heart. Your circumstances may not be improved in all the ways which you desire. But you will have been given new strength to carry your burdens and new confidence that when your burdens become too heavy, the Lord, whom you have served, will carry what you cannot. He knows how. He prepared long ago...." I know that this is true!
Because of this purification process that I am experiencing, I have seen many, many miracles. I understand the importance of recognizing the simple, small miraces. The Lord is intimately and personally involved in His work!! I have felt the Lord work through me by His Spirit. This past week I have seen the Lord direct me through His Spirit to do and say what He would do and say. I have seen countless blessings and I am truly grateful for them...too many to list. I am learning that rejection builds character. ; ) I am understanding why Jesus Christ desired to surround himself with the publicans and sinners and not the self-righteous Pharisees. The humble are teachable. We strive to find the children of our Heavenly Father whom He has prepared and who are humbled and meek. These are they that are most teachable. I have been greatly humbled by the many experiences of these past two weeks. I am grateful that the Lord humbles me so often because I need it.
The work is going well in Olney. I am very happy. Courtney is doing well and is becoming stronger and stronger every day. She is wonderufl and I love her. I saw Bishop Mullen and his family yesterday at the VC. It was good to see them. As I bore testimony to them of my love for this work I felt overwhelmed with love and appreciation for my service to the Lord.
I love you and I know that this work is true and I love it with ALL my heart. Be happy!
With Love, Sister Hogge
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment