Hello family and friends,
This past week has been wonderful and not so wonderful. Seeing Mom and Hilly was wonderful! Galena was amazing. I was so proud of Hilly. The Lord really blessed me not to feel homesick at all. I was grateful to see my family and friends, but even more grateful to stay focused on the work. The Lord blesses those who are obedient and faithful.
Hilly was beautiful in the show. All the VC sisters and senior couples can't get enough of her. They LOVED her and every other performer as well!! They were all impressed by her beauty and talents, especially the singing and clogging. I was so proud of Hilly. She has become quite the performer. I sat watching the show, absolutely beaming with happiness and love for my sister. Watching the show brought back many fun and exciting memories. Everyone was so impressed with the professionalism of the performers and the quality of the show. I was proud to be a Galena alumni. There were times during the show that I wanted to get up and dance and sing, but I contained myself.
Mom and I spent some time on a tour at the VC. Taking Mom on a tour was strange at first, but it got comfortable soon thereafter. I gave her a tour on love. It warmed my heart to be with Mom and Hilly. It felt like I hadn't even left them. The warm hugs and tears of joy were sweet. I love my family and my love for my family has only deepened.
Transfers are coming this Tuesday. I have a feeling that I will be transferred, but I could just be scaring myself. I love the people and beauty of Olney. I would love to stay, but I know that the Lord always knows best. This has become a theme for my mission and my life. President and Sister Price will also be leaving this coming week. Our prayers are with them and President and Sister Mansel (the new mission president) every day. We love them and we know that they love us. Their departure will be bittersweet.
This week has been a hard week with our investigators. We're having to drop many of our investigators due to their lack of progression. It's difficult to let them go, but now is not their time. We are currently looking for new investigators, which can be exciting. We are also working to prepare Courtney for her baptism on July 1st. She is amazing and meeting with her gives me peace and hope. I love her and I am excited to see her progression throughout her life.
I have been learning many things about myself this week. I am learning to be more diligent spiritually, mentally, and especially physically. No missionary can be diligent by themselves. The Lord's help is always needed and desired. The weather has been disgustingly humid lately which makes it difficult to find the excitement to be outside, but thankfully I am also a VC sister and can quickly find the joys of working inside an air conditioned building. Yes, I know that I am spoiled, but I am also very grateful. I am also learning to be humble.
Lately in my studies I have been reading stories from the New Testament along with "Jesus the Christ." I am learning about the life of our Savior and it has created in me a deeper love for him. I love reading the Book of Mormon and the New Testament. I love what I learn and I enjoy helping others learn about the life and love of our Savior. Yesterday we were invited into a home while tracting. Soon we found ourselves being horribly bashed by a Jehovah's Witness family. The Spirit was completely gone. I felt sad for these good people who truly believed that they had the truth. We were kind and all we could do was testify. Once we were done with our discussion they were kind and invited us back. The joys of being a missionary.
I love this great work and I hope to become a better instrument in the Lord's hands.
Love, Sister Hogge
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment