Dear Family and Friends,
I have much to say. This past week has been exhausting, yet wonderful. We had our P-Day on Tuesday and it was nice to "relax". I have learned to make granola! I love it! I am learning how to be healthy and use my money wisely. I hope to be more thrifty and a better cook when I come home. We'll see how it goes.
Tuesday night we met with Courtney. She is wonderful. We love her and pray for her constantly. We know that the Lord would have her be baptized. We prayed about a baptismal date and committed her to be baptized July 1st, the Sunday after transfers. I hope to stay in Olney at least one more transfer, but I know that the Lord knows best. Courtney often meets us at the VC and she loves the Spirit that dwells here. It truly is special. After a lesson we took her to the Special Witnesses kiosk where Elder Scott bears his powerful testimony of baptism. After we listened to his words we told her that the Lord would have her be baptized on July 1st. She accepted! I was so happy. The Spirit was incredibly strong. I feel privileged to assist the Lord in bringing souls back to him. Please keep Courtney in your prayers. She has already run into much opposition and we had warned her that opposition would come, but she is solid. I love her!!
Yesterday was a beautiful day. We got up at 5am (too early) to meet our zone at the temple. The entire mission met at the temple for a conference in the Solemn Assemblies room on the 7th floor. We all got dressed in our white clothing and met in the room. It was a beautiful sight! The room was beautiful. President and Sister Price spoke to us along with President and Sister Banks (from the temple presidency). My heart was full. Being sisters, we had the opportunity to sit on the front row!
After the conference they split the mission into two groups. Each group went into two endowment rooms. Our group had the opportunity to watch the endowment in sign language and with captions! What an experience! I learned so much about the endowment and the sacred covenants we make with our Heavenly Father. The feelings were very sacred during the session. President and Sister Price greeted us as we came into the Celestial Room. Seeing the entire mission in the Celestial Room in their temple clothing was beautiful. I just cried, my heart was so full. I sat down on the soft seats in the Celestial Room and prayed thanking my Heavenly Father for such a sacred experience and for my blessings.
I love being a missionary. I love it!
Well, my time is short. I am excited to see family tomorrow, but a little nervous as well. I love my family, but I am a missionary. It will be a special experience. Yesterday after the conference two elders told me that they saw Mom and Hilly. They said that Mom was very excited and when they saw Hilly they knew she was my sister! They were very excited to tell me and will be bringing some investigators to the show.
I hope all is well with all of you. I love the updates I've been receiving from family and friends, the news means so much to me, thank you.
With Love, Sister Hogge
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment