Dear family and friends,
Hello from yet another wonderful week in beautiful DC. The weather has been a bit bipolar, completely expected, but all in all has been beautiful. I’m just waiting for the Dogwoods to bloom!! I am enjoying the mild weather here. I’ve found that Sacramento has some of the most mild weather I have ever lived in…and I’m grateful for it!
General Conference was absolutely wonderful! I had many favorite talks to list a few… I loved Elder Bednar’s talk on praying with faith. He gave me added courage and strength to ACT. When we sincerely pray for the desires of our hearts to be fulfilled and to align our will with God’s we must ACT after we get up off our knees. My prayers have been much different since. Elder Holland…WOW! He laid the smack down! I love the sweet boldness of Elder Holland. I was grateful that he did not apologize for our belief that we know that God STILL speaks to His children, and why not?! He is an unchanging God and the heavens are still open!! Elder Ballard with all the tenderness and love spoke to young mothers. His talk gave me hope for my future as a mother. It can be done even in such an evil world. There must be balance. Elder Christofferson spoke of the Atonement and answered my prayers as he told us that becoming the people we so desire to be takes time, but it is possible with the divine power of the Atonement. I enjoyed seeing Elders Steuer and Wickman, both brethren who visited the mission this past year. I know that they have been called of God. Hilary, Spencer, and Bradford, I hope that you listened carefully to Elder W. Craig Zwick’s talk. Take to heart what he said and apply it to your life. I loved hearing from President Monson. His closing remarks were my favorite part of the entire conference. He is hilarious! And from what the elders have told us he had them rolling in Priesthood session. My heart swelled within me as he spoke of his dear wife Frances. These brethren love their wives and this was so apparent in this conference. It is essential for women in the church to support their husbands in their callings. As President Monson spoke I knew that he was a prophet and as I sustained him in the Solemn Assembly I wanted to give my all to support him as I work to build the kingdom. We are blessed to have prophets on the earth today! My prayers are with them and I love them.
Well, it’s official, my body is completely exhausted!! I have never been so tired in my entire life…and still happy! A few days ago we found out that mono has been going around our apartment. Months ago one of the sisters who used to live in the apartment had a bad case of mono during Festival. She has recovered since, but another sister now has it too and has been through the worst of it, but is now also recovering. We think that many of us probably have had it or just having sympathy pains. Mom and Dad, don’t worry I’ll be fine. If it gets bad we have wonderful doctors in DC.
Sister Mukhlaash is doing well. Mom, she LOVED the package you sent. Thank you. I took pictures of her priceless excited face! She is a grateful person. She is feeling much better. I have never met such a hard worker, even through the shingles she would not stop working and it almost drove us crazy! We had to beg her to rest and to take her medicine…that Mongolian blood! She is an example of complete diligence in the work and I love her and Sister Mulford. I’m doing my best to keep up with these youngin’s. Transfers are coming up next week. As VC trainers we get together and plan a rough draft of transfers for President Mansell. I have a feeling that Sister Mulford is leaving our beloved trio. She will be greatly missed.
At the end of our P-Day we played golf with the Floyds. It was a blast! Sister Mukhlaash was a little hesitant, but once she started swinging she couldn’t stop. We went to a little driving range. We got to wear jeans! It felt pretty funny to be in jeans. By the way, President Mansell recently changed the rule on music in the cars. We are now allowed to listen to good arrangement of hymns in the car. So, wearing jeans combined with listening to music in the car = not a missionary. I felt so awkward, but it was fun.
I am doing well. I find myself praying for more physical strength. I am grateful to serve and hope that the Lord will continue to sustain me as I work to forget myself in this work. We are so blessed!
Love, Sister Hogge
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment