Thursday, May 17, 2007

17 May 2007

Dear Family and Friends,

Transfers were yesterday. I am still serving in Olney and I am grateful. I love this area!! I have a new companion, Sister Guimaraes. (Gee-ma-rhyns) She is from Brazil!! She is from the Northeastern coast of Brazil. Sister Scofield was transfered to Kensington, which is the area of the temple and VC. She is riding a bike, bless her heart. I have a feeling that someday the Lord will make me ride a bike. So, because Sister Guimaraes is a foreign sister I get to drive the truck! YEAH! It's fun to drive. We got Sister Guimaraes moved into our beautiful apartment yesterday. It will be a great adventure to be companions with her and I am excited for all of the learing and growing experiences.

Yesterday I have a wonderful experience in the VC. Because of transters Sister Guimaraes and I were the only sisters on shift out of six that were scheduled. It was busy! Two sets of sister missionaries with five investigators came to the VC from the Baltimore mission. Their mission president also came. The mission president was telling me that they have a goal in their mission to get the investigators to the VC before baptism because it always helps the investigator progress. They wanted a tour before the Joseph Smith movie. They had an hour before the movie began...so they asked me to give them a tour. I was scared out of my mind. 5 investigators, 4 missionaries, and their mission president!! AH! I introduced them to the Christus and while the narration was playing the mission president gave me some background info. of the investigators to help me plan my tour during the two minute narration.

I gave them a 45 minute tour on the Atonement, Word of Wisdom, prophets, and baptism. I have never felt the Spirit work through me so strongly. It was amazing. The words came so easily. The Lord is in this work and He is always helping his representatives. The Spirit was very strong and we were all edified. I have never been so bold, but I know that it was what the Lord needed them to hear. The smiles on their faces were priceless. Three of the investigators was a father (who was trying to quit smoking), a daughter (20 yrs. old) who just quit smoking a few days ago, and a son (16 yrs. old). I love them and I am excited to see them again when they come back to the VC.

I love this great work. I love the scriptures and the power in the words of God. I love the gift of the Holy Ghost and I know without the gift I would be a useless tool in the Lord's hands. I love my Savior, Jesus Chirst. He is the ONLY way for us to be happy.

Love, Sister Hogge

No comments: